ACRI-BOND M100 is a two component structural methacrylate adhesive, designed for the bonding of high strength metal and composite applications. M100 has been formulated from innovative technology, including our revolutionary adhesion system.
This unique system enables the M100 to achieve the ultimate balance of mechanical strength and impact resistance whilst still remaining both simple and quick to use.
ACRI-BOND M100 is very versatile, and can bond a wide variety of substrates without the need for surface primers or conditioners. Typical examples shown below:
- Bonding metal fasteners to moulded composite parts
- Bonding aluminium and stainless steel lettering in the sign manufacturing industry.
- Bonding automotive carbon fibre body panels
- Bonding GRP in the marine industry
- Bonding dissimilar metals for trailer fabrication
Instructions For Use
- Always consult MSDS before using M100 for the first time.
- Carry out surface preparation where required. *
- Remove cap, and attach mixer nozzle.
- Dispense sufficient adhesive to ensure equal mix.
- Apply adhesive to one surface and assemble components carefully, clamping if required.
- It is always easier to remove any excess adhesive prior to cure using a suitable cleaner *
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength before moving or unclamping components.
Properties of Uncured Material
|Viscosity Brookfield T Bar||120,000 to 150,000cps|
|Open Time||7 Minutes @200°C|
|Handling Strength||12 Minutes @200°C|
Performance of Cured Material
|ASTM D1002 Lapshear||Up to 30 Nmm²|
|ASTM D638 Tensile Strength||Up to 30 Nmm²|
|Temperature Range||-55°C to 120°C|
ACRI-BOND M100 is available in 50ml and 400ml Nylon cartridges for use with a dispensing gun. M100 is also available in 20 litre pails and 200 litre drums, for use with our BC1 dispensing system.
Storage & Shelflife
ACRI-BOND M100 should be stored unopened in a cool dry location, out of direct sunlight. Stored correctly, this grade can offer a 12 month shelf life from manufacture.
Health and Safety in Use
ACRI-BOND M100 is a methyl methacrylate and should not be used without consulting the MSDS, which contains full information regarding the use of this product, including Transport, Disposal, Toxicological, Exposure Controls, Accidental Release and First Aid measures essential to the safe use of this product.